Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nelsons Dog stories: Westies rule my world (by Elle)



I often find it hard to look at West Highland Terriers right in their eyes as i get so mesmerized by their pure beauty. Sometimes, if I am not careful, I find myself staring at them for hours and hours, and forget to eat. It is not all bad though, as it is a great way to loose weight. Especially after thanksgiving when I put on a few pounds. 
When I see Westie whilst driving there is a considerable chance I'll lose all of my concentration and hit a tree, or perhaps another car (or in a worst case scenario the WESTIE itself) and therefore have decided to give up driving. It is just not worth the risk. 

My favorite past time is to write poems to Westies and this way show my deep appreciation for the breed. Here is one of my best ones.

Oh Westie, Westie
Your fur is so white,
And your eyes full of light
I hope you never go away from my sight.

For me, it is such a delight
I would give up my wedding night, just to see you my ray of light. 
Not even a toxic waste site could keep me away from you my little knight, 
you are sweeter than turkish delight.  

(poem for Westies by Nelson)




This is the first Westie I ever owned. 
I had this painting made for him for his first birthday. His name was Big Mac, as his head uncannily resembled a burger. 

Unfortunately that is also what came to his death later in life when an obese man who was partly blinded by diabetes took a massive bite of his cute little burger like head non the wiser. Big Mac didn't stand a chance, and the fat man deeply regretted his actions after finding out he had in fact eaten a dog head, not a burger. He said he liked his beef rare and hadn't noticed in time to prevent the injury. 
As a good mormon I forgive him. I miss Big Mac more than words can say. R.I.P little doggie.

That incident happened years ago and I have since acquired lots of new Westies to brighten up my day and to  get over the sadness. Here is a picture of my current Westies. 
It may look like they are trying to find ways to escape and get away from me, but really they love me dearly. 
















- Nelson Bruggeman -

2 comments:

wolfsblood said...

I love poetry

Harder than in seems said...

Your poem is great! everything rhymes so well.